Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bathroom Adventure #2



It happened again...

Really, I can't believe it. I was working on my computer at a coffee shop in Prague. After a couple of hours I had to use the bathroom pretty bad, but since my computer was all set up and I didn't want to leave it there I held it. I finished what I was working on about an hour later, packed my stuff up and rushed to the bathroom. I opened the door and standing before me was a 20-something girl.

My first though was, "What is she doing in the men's room?" The second one followed quickly behind, "Your an idiot...you did it again." Halfway in the door, I craned my head back over my shoulder and sure enough--women's room!

I don't know what the deal is. Seriously, both times the signs were stick figures...if it happens again, I will never write about it and no one will ever know...

*If you are confused about the other time please see the post: Crazy New Year's Day: Part One

3 comments:

Graeme said...

Hey I can totally understand that my man. I know I then used the fact that you never see words Ladies & Gentlemen on the doors a lot of un when working with English speaking interens etc. ALthough I have walked into a Male bathroom and found a girl standing at the cubicle - she was battering in the door.
Check out my blog: http://our-souls-in-church.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with getting in touch with your feminine side Nate but poor 20-something girl. Better luck next time.


Your brother in Christ,
Aaron Esh

tug said...

I've done it...

I remember it like it was yesterday - Senior year of high school - I took a bowling class and we were at the local bowling alley. I swung the Women's Room door open and took one confident step inside. Three of my female classmates were standing at the mirror, preening. I had a deer-in-the-headlights moment, which seemed like a full minute, until I was brought back to full reality by the cackling of JoAnne Maloney - pointing at me in the reflection of the mirror and laughing like the Wicked Witch of the West herself. Of course now everyone in the class would know my trespass - and thus begun years of obsessing over walking into public restrooms:
Approach the door - check the sign - is the sign on the door? - if not, is it for this door? - open the door - look for a man coming out or a man in the restroom - finally, look for urinals - but be sure - always be sure.

I'm over it now - but always sure.