Wednesday, March 21, 2007

the dream is over



i love facial hair.

when i lived in arizona i was always opressed by "the man"...the man being some job that i worked at that regulated what i could grow. the best i could do was sideburns and even those were regulated...they couldn't be too long or too bushy.

well all that has changed on the mission field.

i have been able to experiment and change it up quite often. my little heart has been filled with joy.

one of those heart warming adventures has been my six month old beard.



i've grown quite fond of the "little" guy, but i knew his time was drawing to an end. summer is coming and summer is no place for a beard of this magnitude although two of my friends disagree.





so, tonight the dream ended. i'll be honest in saying that i was more sad than i thought that i'd be. so distraught was i, that i had to take a moment alone with my beard in the bathroom to say some final words to one another. i did most of the talking.

the culprit:



the process:







the outcome:



i'm pretty sure the 'stache is only for 24 hours...

12 comments:

Emiloo said...

AHHHH! I LOVE IT! Adorable..simply put. Are you hanging out with the monopoly guy tonight? You guys could do some damage together you know...

Anonymous said...

I think I might save that pic as wallpaper on my computer…ERRRR or maybe not…HOLY COW dude, I couldn’t stop laughing. I wished you would have went with the “chin curtain” that would have been sweet! Later.

Leah said...

you look like Ol' Scratch

kelly said...

Nice hillbilly stash! That must have been hard...but cooler at the same time.

Kyle DiRoberts said...

I'm sitting with Bobby in a coffee shop laughing right now!! My friend...you need to keep that for a bit...

I feel like you should get a job at the Moulin Rouge.

A.PETH said...

1. (true, I am a huge advocate for facial hair.)
2. and i can't stop laughing.
3. and I dare you to keep the 'stache for more than one day!!!!!!!!
;)

Anonymous said...

I think I saw you on the box of my oatmeal cereal :)
-Sarah M

Joe Gordon said...

I had to link to this blog entry! Genius, my friend. Pure genius. BTW - I couldn't believe you went for the "French Fork."

Jerry said...

I miss the beard. it was so beautiful.

Melanie said...

hehehe, very, very, nice! hope things are going well for you!

ps- your blog matches my blog... yay blogger!

Ordinary Radical said...

Dude, you rule. I love it!!

Mišo said...

Oh man, you look like a pirate my brother! =)
Aaaargh, where is my hook

God bless you Mr.Cute