Saturday, July 21, 2007

360 days and counting...



I celebrated my 29th birthday on Monday in a typical Czech fashion...with two Czech guys on their hands and knees facing away from one another, me being held by my hands a feet being swung between the two of them with my hips crashing into their butts 29 times...I'm too old for that...

**********

This is my last year to be cool. It's a shame, but this is it...360 days left. Not that I can't be cool once I'm 30 but it will be a different kind of cool. It will be a conditional cool.

(this make-believe conversation has been translated for your reading enjoyment)

czech high school boy: Hey, who is that dude over there?
czech high school girl: Oh, that's the dude who organized this english camp.
boy: He looks cool.
girl: Yeah, he is.
boy (yelling to me): Hey! Come here.
Nate: Yo! What's up?
boy: How long have you had your dreads?
Nate: About a year and a half.
girl: They are really cool.
Nate: Thanks. (to the boy) What's your name?
boy: Honza. What's your name?
Nate: Nate. Nice to meet you.
boy: You too. Your Czech is really good! How long have you lived in Czech?
Nate: A little over three years.
girl: Really? Three years? How old are you?
Nate: How old do you think I am?
boy: Uh, 26.
girl: Maybe 24.
Nate: (laughing) Nope. 30!
boy and girl: Really! You are really cool for 30.

And there we have it. The conditional statement that I will live with forever starting in 360 days.

"You are really cool...for 30"

I will no longer only be cool. I will forever be conditionalized (is that really a word?!) as "for 30...31...32...33..."

So, here's to being just plain cool for the next year!

5 comments:

familygregg said...

Oh yeah? Well, I'm super cool for 40 :)
Mama Gregg

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday my friend! Thanx for everything this summer. Stay cool.

Rach J said...

Your coolness has no age limit dude! You'll still be cool when you're doing camps at 60!

Training for camp was awesome dude, God really spoke and challenged me. Loved camp and can't wait for next year-I miss Czech already and I'm only home 1 day!

Hope to see you in Ireland soon, what you've learnt from Mark and I at training will make a lot more sense when you actually visit our sweet, kick ass country! (King Billy forever! LOL)

Happy Birthday man, even though its late!

In his grasp,
Rach J

Brett Berger said...

nnnnvnmmmmmmkm,m56vyyyyhytttggjksadfasjk;766767777777777
jk vy bnhhhvvvvvk gf vb

I left the above. It is one of the twins (Luke) pounding on my keyboard.

Anyway, your coolness longevity is much greater than mine. I became uncool at like 24. Oh well.

Bog bless you.

Mary said...

you're still cool.. for 29...
:-P

just kidding. It's good to read your blog- dogg

wow.. so cheesy... sorry..

-oregon *does weird hand thing* POWER!!!!