Monday, October 22, 2007

No Shave November: a community art project*



thelongbrake has done some great community art projects over the last couple years. i have thoroughly enjoyed participating and having my eyes tickled by all the images from around the us and the world.

i have now ventured out to do my own.

with a twist.

josh's usually have some great spiritual truth about them. mine won't. well, i guess it does in that God is truth and it is true that men can grow facial hair.

_____________________

the rules

_take a picture of yourself on nov 1 freshly shaven
_email picture to me (nhughes@josiahventure.com)
_don't shave during november
_take a picture dec 1
_email picture to me

additional rules for the ambitious

_choose facial hair type from the pic above
_attempt to immitate
_email pic to me

please feel free to link this, invite friends, or whatever to make this the greatest facial hair display the world (or at least the internet) has ever seen.

8 comments:

Amy Lawlor said...

i think this community art project is a wee bit sexist. check your email for photos of my leg hair growth over the next 30 days. :)

nate hughes said...

I actually never said women can't participate...my use of men was the non-gender usage...

Anonymous said...

Lol...that's hillarious, I'd love to see how this goes.

Of course, I have the same problem as Amy...a lack of testosterone means that beard growth is not going to be happening...I'll have to be spectator for this project!

Laura Troutman said...

i agree with amy. however, i will not be emailing you photos of my leg hair in 30 days.

BritBoat said...

Why not, Laura?! Who doesn't want to see your leg hair after not shaving for 30 days? I just don't know!

Daniela Rajcova said...

Hey, I want to be part of this community too.

and.you.glow said...

ha! can't wait to see the outcome. :)

author said...

Sorry dude. But i dont have a beard,facialhare, and i am not shaving my head becaus i want to get a ponytail since before july. Good bye Nate
Yours cencrile also Nate