Monday, June 26, 2006

The Butt Kicker

I saw one of the most bizarre things in my life last night.

So, I'm in Prague right now getting ready to pick up the first five US teams that are helping with camps. Last night, Lucka and I went to go and hang out with a couple of my friends here. We were in the metro walking down the stairs to the platform. I was on the phone with a friend in the States, so I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around me, but one things did catch my eye. I noticed this older, heftier gentleman bump into a young skinny guy. The skinny guy was walking up the stairs and the older gentleman was walking down. The skinny guy totally gets knocked into another guy and a look of disgust crosses his face. Now, remember, I'm on the phone, so I'm not totally paying attention, but I did log this event.

So about a minute later. I'm now standing on the platform waiting for the metro. I'm still on the phone and I feel something brush my arm and this guy (the young, skinny one) goes running past me. Standing right in front of me, with his back to me, is old, hefty dude.

Then I see something that I haven't seen since fifth grade. The young dude kicks the old dude right in the butt! I couldn't believe my eyes. Then, to make things even crazier, he runs away without a word. Yeah, seriously. He ran past me, kicked the old dude in the butt, and then ran away. The old dude turns around and yells something in some language (not Czech) and throws up his middle finger, then turns around like nothing happened. Like this is some normal occurance.

The other thing that kills me is the time delay between the events. There was at least a minute between the initial bump and the final kick. That means that young dude walked up the stairs, got to the top, stewed about what had just happened, comes to the ridiculous conclusion that he should kick the old man in the butt, runs down the stairs, kicks him, then turns and runs. It was totally premeditated.

I will remember this event forever...

2 comments:

Lee Ann Barton said...

funniest thing ever!

Anonymous said...

You've got to respect the nerve of the butt kicker. I mean at least he did it. He doesn't have to sit and regret not doing it or sit there and wonder if he could have done it. He actually gets to tell people I did kick the big dude's butt, not I should have kicked that big dude's butt but I did kick his butt. What a respectful accomplishment. And just think, those people might say 'I better not mess with that little dude. He kick the big dude's butt, no telling what he'll do to mine.' Good job butt kicker, all of us little dudes applaud you.

Hope things are going well for you Nate. I'd hate to hear that things are a pain in your butt. (get it)

Much love brother,

aaron esh