Sunday, September 10, 2006

Death House

One night back in the US, Joe G, Christian and I were jacking around and during the process we invented a new reality TV show. As you read this post, please remember that this is a JOKE. While twisted...it is only a joke!

The name of this reality TV show is called: Death House. It goes something like this...20 people from various backgrounds are placed in a large house/mansion/whatever. At some random point (one hour, one week, one month, etc) in their living there all the lights in the house go off, red lights come on, and a siren goes off (Whoop, Whoop, Whoop). At this point, all the people in the house fight to the death. The catch is, weapons are not allowed! So, the contestants must find the nearest mirror/picture/lamp cord/sewing machine/potted plant and use it as a weapon to destroy their enemy.

You may be wondering, "What about the butchers knife in the kitchen, that could be used as a weapon"...Your right, it could, if it weren't chained to the wall with a chain that doesn't extend further than the counter top! You also may be wondering, "Nate, what happens if someone gets overzealous and kills someone outside of the official killing time?" Well, they are killed by bayonet, of course. One shot to the stomach and then the bayonet knife through the jaw.

So, at random times, while hanging out with Christian, Joe G, and our friends, one of us will sound the alarm (whoop, whoop, whoop) and Death House will ensue. This game has traveled to the Czech is now quickly spreading to places all over the world. Here are some pictures (some of which have been emailed to me from locations all around the world)...feel free to submit your own!





10 comments:

Tyler said...

haha! that's awesome! keep up the good work! =P I'll try and swing up to conference this next week so I guess i'll see you there!
~Tyler~

Joe Gordon said...

That one girl just gave up! What's up with that?! She could have easily blocked that phone. Maneuver? Paint the fence. Someone needs to watch Karate Kid.

Ordinary Radical said...

I just laughed out loud..thanks!

Joshua Longbrake said...

i will take death house to my homeland and dominate.

Hudson said...

Hey Nate!
This is Hudson. I love your blog. Nice pics. Check out mine too...
Pretty Boy

Graeme said...

That is the coolest game ever!! Why didn't I think of that? It's like Battle Royale, but with household items. Amazing.
Of course I shall be stealing this item and putting onto my own website... well I'll redirect people to yours... I'm sure us Irish can come up with some great ways of killing one another...we've been doing it for centuries now.

Anonymous said...

very cool. You might want to copyright that idea. you need to "Shut up and Shoot me". Great czech film from last year.

Smartel said...

This is an excellent game! Have you played Christian and Cody's new game, 'Just Take It!'? While not as deadly as Death House, with Just Take It! you stand perfectly still while people throw objects at you, oh, and you can't move. You're just supposed to take it! I would presonally recommend something a little softer than a baseball.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nate,

It's scary to see what a missionary and pastor can come up with in their spare time. Great game, one question, what do you do with all the bodies? You, and Joe, are very creative. Not only do you think outside the boundaries, you think outside the boundaries that are outside of those boundaries. I don't know wether to applaud or be a little concerned. On a serious note, looks like your having a lot of fun there Nate. Thank God for your sense of humor and praise Him for your desire to make Him known.

Your brother,

Aaron Esh

Anonymous said...

I realized that the brilliant idea that I thought I had about the "finger in the outlet" trick was actually really stupid. The girl pouring the water will win because I would die also seeing as how I am touching the finger that is being electricuted...