Monday, January 09, 2006

Mufin Muž (pronounced "Moof-in Mus"-pronounce s as in measure)



OK, first off, it is freakin -15 degrees Celsius outside right now! That is 5 degrees Fahrenheit for all you "Americans" (I put quotes, because I feel that is something Christian would do in his mocking voice).

OK. So, one day I am hanging out with some friends (Ameicans and Czech) and we are talking. Now, you have to understand, my Czech is not good, but I like to translate American things into Czech, just to screw around, because I know my American friends who can speak Czech will think it is funny. So, I don't know what we're talking about but I start singing a song. It goes like this:

Znate Mufin Muž
Mufin Muž
Mufin Muž

Znate Mufin Muž,
když bydli na Drury Lane?

Translation:

Do you know the Muffin Man
Muffin Man
Muffin Man

Do you know the Muffin Man
who lives on Drury Lane?

So my American friend, Leah, starts laughing...the Czechs laugh too, because they've seen Shrek and we're all having a good time. Then they start calling me Muffin Man.

Fastforward to yesterday. I spent Sunday afternoon at, my friend, Lucka's house and she has a nephew. I walk in the door and he says, "Mufin Muž!" So all day he calls me Mufin Muž...

Next time I go over there I'm bringing muffins.

No comments: