Monday, January 23, 2006

-22º C (or -8º F)


Do you see that thing to the left. Yeah, that white thing with numbers running up the side and some red thing beside the numbers. Yeah, its called a thermometer. It measures outside temperature. Do you see the black numbers. Yeah, the ones below the red ones. Well, those measure negative temperature. Negative temperature (in the Celsius system) is below the freezing point. Yeah, that says -20º C. That was last night before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was -22º. I can't believe it. It is so freakin' cold here!! This is what I've learned so far...

• It is possible to have 1 inch of ice coating your car
• If you don't breathe carefully, you are bound to freeze the snot inside of your nose
• If I don't blink frequently enough my contacts will freeze to my eyes (seriously)
• When walking from my office to the apartment, keep legs moving or risk never moving again
• Alcohol always sounds good
• No wonder the Russians lost so many soldiers in WWII
• Buildings are my friend...walking in open areas = wind...wind = colder...colder = SUCK!
• Don't forget your power plug for your laptop at home on the coldest day of the year
• Why did I leave Arizona again?

5 comments:

Jose said...

hey.. I'm here in Canada (Winnipeg) and yesterday the temperature was -30C quite cold! Today was really warm 0C :O) I'm going back to Phoenix tomorrow but It was an adventure to be in this cold weather.

Anonymous said...

Snow - what's that?

Anonymous said...

Haha. I was seriously laughing (way) out loud all by my lonesome (well, there are other people at home...) after reading your list here. The snot comment is my favorite.

Smartel said...

I love that you are experiencing this too! The other night I almost fell over walking down the street because the wind was blowing so hard, and I think it was around 10 degrees outside without the windchill. I never thought I'd be happy to see a 30F day!

Brett Berger said...

It's like 75 here if it makes you feel any better. Press on, brother!