Monday, January 23, 2006
-22º C (or -8º F)
Do you see that thing to the left. Yeah, that white thing with numbers running up the side and some red thing beside the numbers. Yeah, its called a thermometer. It measures outside temperature. Do you see the black numbers. Yeah, the ones below the red ones. Well, those measure negative temperature. Negative temperature (in the Celsius system) is below the freezing point. Yeah, that says -20º C. That was last night before I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was -22º. I can't believe it. It is so freakin' cold here!! This is what I've learned so far...
• It is possible to have 1 inch of ice coating your car
• If you don't breathe carefully, you are bound to freeze the snot inside of your nose
• If I don't blink frequently enough my contacts will freeze to my eyes (seriously)
• When walking from my office to the apartment, keep legs moving or risk never moving again
• Alcohol always sounds good
• No wonder the Russians lost so many soldiers in WWII
• Buildings are my friend...walking in open areas = wind...wind = colder...colder = SUCK!
• Don't forget your power plug for your laptop at home on the coldest day of the year
• Why did I leave Arizona again?