Monday, December 18, 2006

songs for when i want to throw myself from a window



yep, i just created that playlist.

it's been one of those nights.

i really can't articulate why (it would take too long). and its basically ministry/logistics related, so you wouldn't feel the impact even if i did explain it.

so, here is what i have on there:

redeemer - nicole c. mullen
just who i am - matt gibson
psalm 143 (revive me) - shane & shane
blessed be your name - passion band
only you - david crowder band
enough - passion band
*it is still a work in progress*

i like worship music. but i don't listen to it all the time. i listen to quite a variety of other things usually. but it seems that when things really hit the fan there is little else that will ground me like worship.

it points me to HIM.

it reminds me of who the CREATOR is.

it reminds me that HE is more than enough.

when all i want to do is complain, worry, disappear...it knocks me to my knees.

my "go to" song is REDEEMER. if i've got time for one. if i have 5 minutes (or 4:56 to be exact) to listen to a song, that's the one.

what do you listen to?

4 comments:

BritBoat said...

"Carry Away" -Shane&Shane (or just simply their entire Psalms album)
"You Alone" -David Crowder
"Jealous Kind" -Jars
"Show You Love" -Jars
"Pour Out" -Shawn McDonald
"I Don't Want To Go" -Avalon

This would be my list...the list that kicks me in the butt and gets me to move on!

A.PETH said...

nate, hmm..I really needed to read a post like this today.

...and right now I'm in my 3rd coffeeshop today trying to get some grad school stuff done...and I pretty much want to throw myself from a window right now. (maybe its the overdosage of caffine?) The only problem is that the window next to me would only give my body a 2ft fall...the glass looks pretty thick too.
Dang this Starbucks.

Anyways, I don't have five songs at this second, but right now I'm getting my ipod out, and scrolling to Jason Morant's "Belong" from his Open album.

Anonymous said...

Hold me Jesus - Rich Mullins
Which Way The Wind Blows - 2nd Chapter of Acts
You Are Mystical - Brian Houston
Strength of my life - P.O.D.
The Far Country (whole album)- Andrew Peterson
Anything by Keith Green!

Melanie said...

Hey, great to see you in ATL! I have a similar playlist entitled "Rainy Day" for when it's not raining outside but it sure feels like it should be... my favorites include:

"Inside Out" - Hillsong United
"Fix You" - Coldplay
"Have You Ever?" - Shawn McDonald
"Rest" - Shawn McDonald
"Beautiful" Vineyard UK
"Simon" - Lifehouse