Wednesday, December 06, 2006

www.



So, I was thinking. How in the heck did the dudes who invented the world wide web have enough foresight to think that it would go world wide.

"Bob, Do you think we could connect people all over europe using computers?"

"I think we could. But what would we call it, Al?"

"Let's call it the european wide web and we'll start all of the pages with eww."

"Sounds like a great idea, Al, but don't you think that it could stretch into asia also."

"Good point, Bob, lets call it eaww, the eurasian wide web...actually, maybe it will stretch to the entire eastern hemisphere. We'll settle with ehww."

"Why stop there, Al? Let's go for the world!! www. sounds great to me."

"Who knows, though, maybe by the time this thing gets kick started people will be living in outer space. What about the osww."

"Come on. Now your really stretching it. Let's just stick with www. and hope for the best."

"OK."

3 comments:

nate hughes said...

Well, ya see, I don't really understand computer talk, so even when I read it I was barely tracking...it still doesn't explain their great foresight with the name!!! :)

BritBoat said...

Bob and Al, huh.

Such ordinary names for such an extraordinary feat. Thank you for taking us on an inside look of this innovation. It's something that has plagued my mind for years, and I never got it until I read your blog. Again, I say thank you. :-)

The Syvertsens said...

That's Al as in Al Gore, right? But who is Bob???