Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 28th: Naples, Day Three



I have refrained from talking about each picture in order to let the picture speak for itself, but this is worth talking about.

The last three nights I was staying with my friend, Seth. Seth is in the US Navy and is stationed in a small city near Naples named Pozzuoli. Not only is it one of the most beautiful cities that I have seen on my travels, but it is also the city once know as Puteoli. Know the significance? Read Acts 28:11-14...this is the very city in which Paul arrived in Italy before going to Rome! And this church is the church built near the place where Paul landed.

Travelling through Italy has been wonderful historically, but to walk the streets of a small ancient town where Paul once spent a week was one of my highlights. To think back to a time when a young church was flourishing and growing and to know that it is my story too. I am linked to this city, because Paul made disciples, who made disciples, who made disciples, who made disciples...you get it.

1 comment:

BritBoat said...

That's awesome