Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lollipop

n. a flat, rounded candy on the end of a stick

v. the means by which a Czech Police officer pulls someone over in the Czech Republic (termed by me as "lollipopping")

Sometimes cops in the Czech just pull you over randomly. The way they do it is by sticking this lollipop-looking-thingy out and pointing to the side of the road.















They really don't need a reason to pull you over. They just do it. Then they look to see if there is something you are doing wrong and give you a ticket. It is oh so Communistic.



I've been lollipopped twice in my life. The first was in the summer of 2001 in Poland. The second was this Spring. I'm thankful that I have managed to avoid the lollipop so far this summer (knock on wood). Everytime I drive passed a cop this summer I just begged, "Don't lollipop me, don't lollipop me..."

This is not a picture of me being lolipopped:

1 comment:

Kyle DiRoberts said...

Hi Nate...

I hope that all is well and I miss you a lot!

Joe told me that he was really proud of you when he came home from the Czech!

Talk to you soon my friend...