Monday, August 14, 2006

EuroTrip: A Picture a Day

My family and I began our Euro vacation yesterday. I've decided to post a picture a day to give you a taste of what we are doing and seeing. I intended to start last night, but due to unbelievably slow internet, the picture wouldn't post, so I had to postpone it until today. Hopefully, I'll get the opportunity to post a pic each day...I'll do my best.

I thought it important for this first post to be an introduction of sorts. So you can know the characters in this mini-documentary!



(from left to right)

Paul, aka Svagr (Brother-in-Law in Czech), aka the Outsider. 30, 6'0", 95 Kg (all weights will be in kilos to mask the true weight from Americans). Rumor has it Paul has been training for this trip by locking himself in a closet with three stubborn Italians and a stubborn Albanian. You would think being married to my sister would be enough training, but everything changes when you throw the rest of us into the mix. In search of peace.

Meghan, aka Sis, aka the Firecracker. 25, 4'11", 46 Kg. Don't let her small frame fool you. She can bring the pain. In search of Crown Jewels and purses.

Gary, aka Dad, aka Beefcake. 51, 5'7", 84 Kg. Balding, but beautiful, he is the patriarch of this ragtag fam. Bringing his crooked back and all, he makes his first appearance in Europe. In search of castles, history, and more history.

Laura, aka, Mom, aka The Gentle Italian. 53, 5'0", 54 Kg. Will be teaming up with Paul to calm the other three down. Her motherly love and grace will be the only thing to keep Meghan, Gary, and Nate from tearing each other to pieces. Also making her first appearance in Europe. In search of unity, love, and the Homeland (Italy!).

Nate, aka me, aka The Talker. 28, 5'9" (OK, 5'8" and a half...OK, 5'8"), 86 Kg. "Excited" to drive another 10,000 Kilometers in my car. But, more excited to be with my fam. In search of people who will listen to me talk, and the 5 B's of a good vacation (Books, Bronzage, Beach, Booze, and Babes).

No comments: